The Greenville County College Fair is held over two days each year in the fall. The dates depend upon those dates assigned to Greenville’s Fair by CACRAO.
- We average 130 institutions per year and is held at the TD Convention Center – one of the nation’s largest convention and meeting facilities.
- Greenville County Schools (GCS) is the largest public school system in South Carolina (44th largest in the nation) with 14 High Schools and several Charter High Schools averaging 5,200 rising juniors and 4,600 rising seniors. Nine GCS high schools have been ranked in the top 5% among America’s Best Schools by Newsweek magazine and has the largest PTA membership in the state.
- Greenville County Schools was awarded district-wide National Accreditation from the AdvancED Accreditation Commission, recognizing it as a high quality school district. The District is a State leader in school choice, featuring schools of various sizes in urban, suburban and rural settings, and magnet academies offering specialized studies in areas such as communications arts, languages, the arts, and science and mathematics. About 15% of the almost 76,900 students take advantage of school choice to match their needs and interests. Graduation rates are 86.8%. To view other key statistics, please visit Greenville County Schools – Stats, Reports, Etc.
- However what truly sets Greenville County Schools apart nationally is its Graduation Plus program designed to ensure graduates are college or career ready. In 2019, graduates earned over 16,000 hours of college credit and over 2100 Industry Certifications..
- Private Schools include Bob Jones Academy, Christ Church Episcopal, Hampton Park Christian, Saint Joseph’s Catholic, Shannon Forest Christian, and Southside Christian as well as several other private schools
- 90% of Greenville County graduates pursue some form of higher education and $95 million in college scholarships were distributed last year.
- Greenville County is also the home to the SC Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities
- 11 Upstate Home School Associations are also invited
- Advertising, tables, chairs, vinyl-topped draping (your own tablecloth can be added), and refreshments are included in the registration fee that ONLY is paid by College Representatives.
- Greenville’s award-winning downtown delights visitors with its array of restaurants, art galleries, theaters and specialty boutiques. Downtown the Peace Center hosts NY style Broadway productions year round and the Bon Secours Wellness Arena is one of the top 50 venues in the world for sports and entertainment. The West End district downtown features the new Liberty Bridge and Park, in addition to the new baseball stadium reminiscent of Fenway Park in Boston.
Allyson Brown, Furman University, Chair
Judy Benedict, Giraffe Web Development & Design, Past Chair
Jay Blankenship, SC Department of Commerce
Tarsha Brown, Greenville Technical College
Jeny Kerscher, Furman University
Heather Najmabadi, St. Joseph’s Catholic School
Rob Rhodes, Greenville County School District
Linda Schulz, Christ Church Episcopal School
Sarah Steele, Southside Christian School